Bust of Kate Gleason

by Don Sottile

Sculpture

Bronze
27" x 17" x 13"

This piece located: North Entrance, James E. Gleason Hall

RIT's College of Engineering is named for Kate Gleason. She held various positions in Gleason Corporation, her family's company, and was the first woman elected to the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. The Gleason family has been a generous supporter of RIT since Kate Gleason's first gift to the Institute in 1929.