Bevier Collection

In 1901 art patron Susan Bevier left her estate to the Institute, with a portion designated to construct a building devoted to art education. In 1911 the Bevier Memorial Building opened on RIT’s downtown campus. She also donated her personal collection of art works, which formed the nucleus of a collection now made up of works by faculty, students, alumni, and others acquired as teaching tools. This noteworthy collection provides a snapshot of art education at RIT and visual documentation of the changing focus of RIT’s fine art programs over many years.

Collection Gallery (178 Total)